Apr 14, 2011

Sikkim II - Kettle love!

There is something about kettles that I like. They have an interesting shape, it is as if pouring water through cupped hands. It speaks of hospitality, the joy of giving, and of quenching thirst.
In the same breath, one of the other things that came to my mind when I captured these in Sikkim is the magic Aarohi creates on them! I'm sure most of you have seen her stunning work!

Here's sharing some of my kettle fancy ...





Charred by use, but still looked beautiful..

Sitting pretty


17 comments:

  1. beautifully captured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye catching..Exciting....joy to read and fun to watch...ur posts are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. catchy kettle pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:42 PM

    beautiful photos!Love the use of light in these.. I adore kettles too.. but have a fancy for the porcelain ones used for tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good collection of kettles, seems unique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos....
    You make me feel that I should pack my bag and run to Sikkim for a hot sip :P
    I liked the first picture the most.. Good Work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:26 PM

    Nice theme! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures...inspired by your photos to buy a kettle now .Confessions, I am a huge tea lover !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder if its the excellent photography or it is the kettle that by itself looks beautiful!


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never had my tea from a kettle..prefer soaking it in a teapot...

    But I loved all of them, especially the ones from Sikkim.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellant photography... and a different post... !! Love it...!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely pictures,loved the kettle love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:44 AM

    I love kettles too- very nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...